Hypnotherapy for Trauma Mornington Peninsula
Leave trauma in the past where it belongs and move forward to a happier and healthier life with the help of hypnotherapy for trauma!
Our hypnotherapy for trauma program does not simply address the symptoms of trauma. It deals with the underlying beliefs at a subconscious level to transform negative into positive feelings and promote emotional healing.
Trauma is an emotional response to an incident or a series of events that are disturbing or life threatening to a person.
Experiences that may cause severe stress include:
- Physical or sexual abuse
- Bullying, verbal and emotional abuse
- Accident or assault
- Childhood neglect
- Break up of a significant relationship
- Death of a loved one
Humiliating or disappointing experience
- Natural disaster
- Racism and discrimination
How does Hypnotherapy work for Trauma?
Hypnotherapy for trauma is a step by step process that removes the emotional charge from past trauma and returns the patient to a state of self control.
Hypnosis for trauma and PTSD starts by identifying the underlying, unconscious beliefs that keep you stuck in unhealthy patterns of negative feelings, thoughts and behaviour. It uses deep imagination to access your subconscious mind because that is where your trauma resides. It allows Christine Dinas to speak directly to your subconscious mind to place traumatic memories in the past and help you acknowledge that the worst part is over.
Hypnotherapy for trauma comes down to these key steps:
Within four sessions with Christine, you will effectively leave your past trauma where it belongs – in the past. It will no longer be a roadblock to living the life you deserve.
Can Hypnotherapy Help With Trauma?
Trauma focused hypnotherapy is the best way to resolve and heal from any emotional trauma in an entirely natural way.
Although it cannot erase traumatic events from your memory, it can help you see things in perspective, identify your anxiety triggers, reduce your response to them and make space for a sense of safety.
Many people worry that hypnotherapy will make them relive a traumatic event that they desperately want to forget. That is not the case.
Even during hypnotherapy for childhood trauma, you do not relive the actual event. Your hypnotherapist only addresses the rooted problem by communicating with your inner child, repositioning your painful memories and helping you heal from within.
What Are the Symptoms of PTSD?
Statistics show that 12 percent of Australians will experience PTSD in their lifetimes.
PTSD can be compared to a very sensitive alarm system. Even without the presence of a threat, a PTSD sufferer can react to a situation as if the threat is real.
The symptoms of PTSD fall into these categories
- Exposure – Experiencing a traumatic event changes how you perceive the world around you.
- Intrusion – Your trauma interferes with your daily life and takes control over your body and mind (e.g. sudden flashbacks, nightmares, anxiety, panic attacks, etc).
- Avoidance – Avoiding triggers or succumbing to addictive behaviours to distance yourself from the trauma. This hides traumatic memories instead of helping you deal with them and can lead to long term negative effects like feeling stuck, numb or detached
- Alteration – Trauma can alter your mood, motivation, memory, cognitive functions, personality, perceptions and sense of safety thus negatively affecting your thoughts, beliefs, habits and relationships.
- Arousal – Trauma can lead to arousal symptoms (difficulty concentrating, trouble sleeping, feeling on edge, irritability, exaggerated startle, hypervigilance, destructive behaviour, etc), chronic shock and even a physical or somatic illness.
Can Hypnosis Help PTSD Patients?
Hypnotherapy for PTSD can be just as effective as any other professional hypnosis. By assessing the symptoms and identifying the causes, it can help resolve and heal any past trauma.
Hypnosis for PTSD comes down to releasing painful emotions and creating a state of safety to make room for positive feelings and emotional healing.
It lets you integrate your emotional and bodily experience, making you feel perfectly safe to express your feelings freely and work on dealing with your trauma effectively.
Get the Support You Need with Hypnotherapy for Trauma Mornington Peninsula
Hypnotherapy for Trauma Mornington Peninsula is a program tailored to your unique experiences and feelings.
It does not work like a bandaid that treats only the symptoms of your trauma or PTSD. It can help treat the underlying cause to stop your past from holding you hostage, give you the freedom to heal and help you regain control of your life.